Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Scrappy quilt love...

Been working on my 2012 year-long project (you can see the details over on my other blog 12 Quilts) but thought I'd just post some quilt-love here today. Only in my dreams I could make quilts like these. I also have a Quilting Daydreams board on Pinterest, so head over there and take a look at some really stellar quilts!

Check out the rainbow of colors, applique and piecing on this incredible quilt! And the quilting! I wonder how many hours this labor of love took? This was posted in Picasa by Jacque. I could stare at it for hours. Brava!


Now how about this beauty? I wish I could find a close up so I could see the quilting on it. I looked and looked. Rare Google fail. :( 



I saw this on Pinterest. The link took me to a personal blog where it was posted in 2008 with the caption, "This was the Jamestown 2007 Block of the Month quilt, based on a design by Judy Martin". I could not find the exact book it's from, Judy has a lot of books out but her basic The Block Book is a classic. To whomever made it, I commend you. I adore Snails Trail, stars and all things scrappy - perfection. 

Speaking of books, my very favorite, number 1, go-to block book of all time is by another Judy, this time Judy Hopkins.Sadly, she passed away in 2011. I've relied on this book of hers for more that 16 years, it's that good.   



One last beauty from scrappy quilt queen Bonnie Hunter. I don't think there is one quilt Bonnie has done that I haven't drooled over at some point. I love her stuff. This is one of her classic free patterns, Pineapple Blossom. 


 Can you tell that I do love me some scrappy quilts? 

Here's one of my recent quilts, a navy Pioneer Braid. It still needs a binding then I'll get a better picture. This picture is terrible. It's much brighter in "real life" than this picture shows. Also up in my header is the interior of my own quilt called Star Mountain. It's a combination of scrappy star and Delectable Mountain blocks that I swapped with some online friends a few years ago. It has a cream scrappy nine-patch border and red binding. One of these days I'll get a picture of the whole thing - it's a king size quilt and it's enormous and warm! We love it tremendously and it was the first giant quilt I did with feathers.  



Later taters! 





No comments:

Post a Comment