Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mystery Needles


So I've been slowly working back into quilting, which I love but had largely given up when I had the twins. I have a sewing room with a door that locks now, so it's been easier to ease back into it. I've joined some terrific Yahoo groups, which I'll blog about another day, but what I need to talk about in this post is: needles.

Sometime before the kids were born, I must have gotten a "sweet" deal on a box of 100 sewing machine needles. I say it was a "sweet" deal because I know myself and in the fog of pregnancy brain, I must have decided to buy this box of needles due to their incredible price. However, I clearly neglected to confirm they were the right type of needles for the Juki. Let me say that Juki makes industrial sewing machines, but a few years ago they came out with a few home-sewer workhorse machines that kick-it on the straightaway! I adore my Juki 98TL! So, I saw "sweet" deal price and the name Juki and thought I was being wise.

So here I have 100 needles with round shanks. They don't fit in any of my machines, since all of mine take a flat shank. Hmphf! So much for my "sweet" deal.

I offered them up on quiltvillechat to some ladies who were mentioning they were struggling to find needles to fit in old machines. So, we're going to try an experiment - I'm sending out some needles to them and anyone who gets a good "fit" gets the needles that are left!

It makes me happy NOT to have these hanging around the house any longer. In 2009 I really want to work on the clutter and chaos around here, and that means clearing out sewing clutter as well. I'm never EVER going to be able to use these needles. I hate waste. So I'm praying and hoping that they will work for at least ONE of these nice ladies so we can give them a new home.

I did promise to write about the mystery-quilt-of-a-zillion-little-pieces...it's coming. I need better pictures first. :)


Toodles!
Lisa M

No comments:

Post a Comment