Monday, March 2, 2009

March Comes In

March has roared in like a lion at our house, bringing with it yet another round of illness. Both boys have ear infections, Nicholas having both ears and Nathan just one. Still, they are tough guys, because neither really complained about ears hurting. Yesterday their eyes started getting all goopy and I was worried it was pink eye, so first thing today we marched off to see the wonderful Dr. P. He loves to see the kids, even if they are sick. I was really surprised by the diagnosis - usually ear infections come with crying and sore ears but not this time around. I didn't really feel like Mother of the Year either, since I'd taken them to the pool on Saturday when it seemed like everyone was fine. I guess we can't keep them in a bubble, but I sure do wish spring would REALLY come so we could throw open the doors and windows and AIR OUT a little. I'm still struggling with the congestion crud. Think I'm going to have to break down and go to the doc - I can't be sick at the end of the month when we have our vacation coming.

We got my brother married off (well, for the second time) last weekend. Kids had a ball learning what a "reception" is and dancing like fools. Naturally, dancing like fools HAD to include Mom - who else do you dance with when you're 4? I did manage to get one nice dance with DH in, to "Unchained Melody" which was one of the four decent songs the DJ played all night - the others being "We are Family," "Celebration," and "She's a Brickhouse." Yep - they got so much worse from there, with lots of scratching and beat-boxing and noisy whatnot. Not my cup of tea. But my brother and his new wife seemed to have a lot of fun - his kids and her son were all very involved in the ceremony and reception. I wish them only the best.

Gotta run, work won't wait.
Toodles!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment